There are so many good resources available to help you with your digital photography. Here are a few that I find helpful
- National Geographic Complete Photography. The name says it all.
- Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. I personally love the "show not tell" method of teaching and this book has fantastic pictures illustrating many important themes of photography and exposure.
- The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. If you shoot digital photographs - and let's be honest, who uses film these days - you need to use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. I use version 4, though a newer version is out. This book teaches you everything you need to know - from managing and organizing an ever expanding library, to touching up finer aspects of an image.
- WordPress: The Missing Manual. Ok, it's not a photography book per se, but how do you think I built this website!
Photographers and Their Websites:
- Photodistillations - Photography by Michael Lerner. I'll admit, I'm a bit biased on this one.
- Andy Mumford Photography. Absolutely stunning and inspiring landscape photography from Brazil to Morocco and Iceland.
- Artic Photo - Iceland. Photographer Örvar Þorgeirsson's website that focuses on Iceland, a vast photogenic country